About LitvakSIG
Our Projects
District Research
Vital Records
Special Projects
Join LitvakSIG
Our Leadership
Family Research
Shtetl Database
Given Names Database
All Lithuania Database
About Our Records
LitvakSIG Digest
Archives and Repositories
Resources
LitvakSIG News
Online Journal
Image Library
Maps
Books
Internet Links
Audio / Video
Glossary
FAQ
Upcoming Events
Image Library
Search By Locality or Old Shtetl Name :
Or Filter By Surname :
Or Filter By Topic :

Alytus


 Former brick synagogue
 Courtesy Of Michael Tobin

Ariogala


 
 Courtesy Of Richard Lutz

Jonava


 A crowded street
 Courtesy Of Charlie Fleishman

Jonava


 A crowded street corner
 Courtesy Of Charlie Fleishman

Jonava


 
 Courtesy Of Charlie Fleishman

Jurbarkas


 The Talmud Torah Hebrew School from a 1926 postcard
 Courtesy Of Joel Albert

Jurbarkas


 The wooden synagogue was built in 1790 and destroyed in 1941. This image is from a 1926 postcard.
 Courtesy Of Joel Albert

Jurbarkas


 Haupt (High) Street about 1927
 Courtesy Of Helen Kizell Beiles

Kaunas


 Washing clothes, an image by Maurice Block taken on a trip to Kovne in 1920. All 48 photos taken on this trip and the background story can be seen at this website: http://www.gutstein.net/kaunas/kauna
 Courtesy Of Eric Block

Kaunas


 First grade class (Mechina Alef) at the Schwabe School, 1931/32
 Courtesy Of Ester Barchanovitz

Kaunas


 Purim in the first grade class (Mechina Alef) at the Schwabe School, 1931/32
 Courtesy Of Ester Barchanovitz

Kaunas


 Shoshana (Berk) Sarid (left) and Henia (Wisgardisky) Lewin in the Kovno Ghetto in 1943
 Courtesy Of Henia Lewin

Kaunas


 Inside the Kovno Synagogue

Kedainiai


 A group of young Keidaners
 Courtesy Of Andrew Cassel

Kedainiai


 The abandoned shul
 Courtesy Of Andrew Cassel

Linkuva


 Blumsohn family about 1916
 Courtesy Of A. Blumsohn

Linkuva


 Market day in 19xx
 Courtesy Of Saul Issroff

Marijampole


 The Great Synagoge and Beit Midrash (destroyed in the Holocaust)
 Courtesy Of Joseph Rosin

Pasvitinys


 
 Courtesy Of Allan Blacher

Salantai


 Old photo of front of school building
 Courtesy Of Maggie Bonfield